Wednesday, January 27, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Happy

Sarah Wieland "Personal Faves" and my sister Kelly "Addie-n-Emee" shared with us the "Ten Things that Make Them Happy." This is such a great idea and a way for us all to reflect upon our lives. My life is full of blessings, below are my top ten...

1. Family - My boys make me smile each and every day. There's nothing better than seeing Dylan's big smile when I walk in the door from a long day at work. I hope he's always that happy to see Mommy! :-)
In addition to Luke and Dylan, our extended families are amazing. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful families!
2. Friends - I know we don't see each other enough, but you all have stood by me through thick and thin and I love you all!
3. Running - I never thought I would be a runner, especially after cross country in high school but it has definitely grown on me. There's nothing comparable to a "runner's high" and the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a good run. Running also allows for my #4 reason for happiness...
4. Chocolate - I am a firm believer that a piece of chocolate a day is perfectly acceptable. I love chocolate in all forms...dark, milk, white, you name it...I'll eat it.
5. A good night's sleep - I never realized how much I love a good night's sleep until Dylan was born. I struggled through the first 4 months of his life; delirious, cranky and tired (thank you Luke for putting up with me). A good night's sleep for me is defined as "in bed by 8, asleep (uninteruppted) until at least 6 AM". Ahhh....A mom can only wish! :-)
6. Luke's cooking - I used to think I was a good cook, until I married my husband. He cooks amazing food! Unfortuntely he works too much during the week to feed me everynight but I do get to enjoy wonderful, home cooked meals every weekend. Thank you babe!
7. A glass of wine - There's nothing better than curling up on the couch, with Dylan sleeping upstairs, the fireplace roaring, trashy reality tv playing...drinking a glass of wine. I'm not even a wine snob, some of my favorites are 3 buck chuck from Trader Joe's!
8. Reality TV - I hate to admit it, but I'm addicted to reality tv. My favorites include Top Chef, Amazing Race, Survivor and The Bachelor.
9. Working Fridays from Home - I've blogged about my amazing work schedule before but working Friday's from home makes me (and Dylan) very happy. I've officially declared Fridays "PJ day". It's so nice to get up in the morning, log onto work (of course), make myself coffee and lounge around in my pjs all day long. When and if I ever have to find another job...flexible work schedules are a must!
10. Holidays - This brings me back to #1 fav, FAMILY. I love holidays because I love being with family. Now that we have our own little family, we relish in creating our own new traditions but nothing is better than spending the most important days of the year with the people who make you happiest!
I definitely don’t know ten bloggers out there but the following are friends who might keep the blog-chain-mail thing going. I’d love to hear what makes you happy!




1 comment:

  1. Love it, Emily :-) I did mine last night - such a fun idea! I wish I could share #3 with you; I really need to find a type of exercise that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete