Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy 5 Months William Luke!

My chunky monkey is 5 months old today!

Where has my little baby gone...he's huge!! :-)

We've had a bit of sleep regression in the past 2 weeks (he's one hungry boy), so we started solids on Saturday. I had read recently that starting kids on cereal or oatmeal could be problematic if the child has an intolerance to gluten so I decided to start with avocado. Dylan's always loved avocado and I thought it would be easy and quick for Mommy.

Will LOVES it!

We also started some sleep training this week. I decided 3-4 nightly wakings were getting tough (and ridiculous) so I'm now only feeding him once a night (anytime after 1 AM). The first few nights were a little rough with lots of crying but last night Will slept from 6 PM to 1 AM (exactly) and then back to sleep until morning. Hopefully this is a sign of progression!

Will has become an extremely happy, content baby (finally!).
He still loves to sleep, napping anywhere from 5-6 hours a day in addition to his 13 hour nights (typically 6 - 7).
He's not a huge fan of tummy time although he still sleeps exclusively on his tummy.
He's only rolled once, which must have been a fluke, so hopefully he figures that out again soon.
Will loves to suck on anything within reach, especially his fingers and hands (as evidence in the photo above).
He also has the most adorable belly laugh and is soooo ticklish!
Will has also found his voice this month, talking and cooing all the time. It's hilarious!

Dylan is loving his little brother and is loves to be the "tickle monster" and make Will laugh. They are going to have so much fun playing together when Will gets a little more mobile.

Happy 5 months William Luke!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment