Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter weekend

We spent Easter weekend with friends and family in Chicago this year. I was lucky to have Good Friday off work so Dylan and I spent 3 fun filled days together.

Friday we went running, met Katie and Jack at the park,
went grocery shopping and cleaned the house. We were busy! We did manage to get our ham for free from Costco :-), it's a long story but I think the manager felt bad for me because they couldn't find anyone to weigh my ham and Dylan was "breaking down". Eventually he just handed me the ham and said "Happy Easter!"

Saturday we dyed Easter eggs and then had some friends and Uncle Cannon over for Easter dinner. Our food turned out great and Dylan had a blast "hamming it up" for all our friends. I've never seen him trying to impress a group of people like he was this weekend. He was LOVING the attention!

Dying Easter Eggs
Our finished project
Sunday we went to Easter mass and if my Dad would have been with he would have been embarrassed! We were definitely the family with the screaming, out of control kid! :-) Luke had to take him out twice but we got through it and decided it was time for a quick trip to the zoo. Dylan's been really into animals lately so I thought we'd enjoy the beautiful weather.

Easter morning, finding eggs!
Elmo!
Dylan and his empty Easter basket (after dumping out all the eggs)
All ready for church!
Dylan checking out the monkeys. He kept trying really hard to pet them and was mad there was a glass wall between them!
Loves to chase the birds!
Checking out the water
Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment