Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1 Year Stats

We had Will's 1 year well check this morning. Other than a little hiccup with the office losing his old records, which required me to entertain 2 kids in a small doctor's room for over an hour while they located them, everything checked out great. Will was babbling away to Dr. McNeil and she was impressed by his appetite and chunky thighs! :)

1 Year weight - 26.9 lbs, 95%

1 Year height - 30.5 inches, 75%

1 Year head circumference - 46 cm, 45%

(this is over 3 pounds heavier than Dylan and about an inch shorter)




Will also got 2 shots, no tears until the 2nd, and the doctor is recommending we see an allergist to check out the peanut allergy. I accidently gave him peanut butter and chicken cooked in peanut sauce and both times he broke out in hives on his face. I assumed if I waited 6 months or so and tried again, it would just get better...apparently that is not the case. I guess a lot of allergies are more mild the first couple times and then increase in intensity, so next time it could (if it's a full blown allergy) be a much more severe reaction. She wants him tested to see how severe it looks and ordered an epi pen (just in case). I'm hoping and praying it's nothing, I'm not sure I could remove all peanut butter from our house (that's a staple in my diet! :)



The highlight of the trip had to be our exit. Dylan knew if he was a good boy at the doctor he would get a sucker at the end, well after an hour of waiting...he had had enough. The nurse gave him a sucker while Will was getting his shots. As we walked by the sucker bowl, leaving the office, he threw a HUGE fit because he wanted another one. I probably just should have let him, but it was lunchtime and I didn't really want him to have two suckers (and no lunch) before nap time. He screamed and cried and screamed and cried and would not leave the office. I eventually threw him under my arm (with Will in the other arm) and hauled him out of the office. I think two moms (with babies) stared at me in horror, while another (that had three kids with her) just laughed. Numerous people in the parking lot stared, probably wondering if I was stealing some child away from his parents. ughhhhhh, gotta love the terrible two's!

No comments:

Post a Comment