Today is my last day as a working Momma!!! I am officially "retiring".
It's been tough leaving these two lil kiddos at home since I headed back to work in November and after long consideration, Luke and I decided it would be best for me, our family and these adorable two little boys to spend a few years at home.
I am soooo excited and a wee bit nervous considering we are also closing on our first house on Friday. We are officially moving to the burbs (Geneva, IL). Luke and I have spent the past 6 years living the "city life" in New York and Chicago and are ready for suburbia (or at least we think we are) :)The next two weeks are going to be busy: packing, painting, cleaning, moving, unpacking...with 2 little kids in tow but I am ready for this new adventure! I think I timed it perfectly as well since it was 70 and sunny on my last walk to work this morning....
I can't wait for lots of pool time this summer, a backyard to send Dylan (and Mason) out to play and not worrying about being there when Will takes his first step.
I have to give a shout out to Luke as well because he has been 100% supportive of my decision and is sacrificing a lot (including his morning sleep) moving out to the burbs. Love you babe and thank you for this opportunity!
Here's to my new adventure as a full time Mommy and wife!
This is great! I didn't know you were 'retiring' - congratulations :) You will love it and so will your boys - enjoy!
ReplyDelete