Friday, February 3, 2012

Long but productive day

After a long day, I'm officially declaring surgery a success! (Thank God it's over!)

A HUGE thank you to Jean and the Decker boys for taking Dylan on his first sleep over. As you can see from the picture below, he was MORE than excited and Jean even said he was on his best behavior...and quiet!?!? Really? Dylan is never quiet, EVER!

This is my little man around 5:45 this morning, all ready for 6:30 surgery!

He screamed his head off when they took him from me, but literally 15 minutes later he was back in my arms. Waking up from anesthesia was definitely not fun, but after about 30 minutes he finally calmed down when they brought him a freezer pop. :)

We were home and cuddling on the couch by 8 AM.

The doctor said he had a tremendous amount of fluid in his ears which was very thick, so hopefully this will help him start hearing better since it's now all gone.

After a two hour morning nap (for both of us), he woke up as his smiley, happy self!
and finally eating after three days of picking at his food, this kid had to be starving!

playing peek a boo with Mommy!


I may be crazy, but I swear he's a changed boy already...


Tonight before bed, he said belly button while I was getting his pajamas on (a word he's never ever tried to say before today). And then he picked out a book before bed and he chose a Christmas book that sings Christmas carols to you. He pushed the first button, it started singing, and he started giggling (like...whoa Mommy...this is what it's supposed to sound like!) He literally had a grin on his face and giggled with every single song.


Like I said, I'm probably crazy but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that his hearing and talking starts flurishing now that the fluid is gone!

4 comments:

  1. You are not crazy! All of that fluid was not allowing him to hear! I am so happy for him that he can now hear all of the wonderful sounds in his little life. I am sure he left there thinking, "wow, what is going on? I can hear things:)" So happy for little William.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea this was going on! It breaks my heart he was going through all of that, and you too! I am so happy to see him smiling and how he is progressing already! :)
    Lauren (LO)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he is back to his smiling self! I agree with Kelly. You're probably not being crazy. He is probably in shock because he can hear now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news! I am so excited that he is better and things seem to be looking up for him!

    ReplyDelete