Monday, February 18, 2013

Funny stories

My boys crack me up.  They are so curious, so verbal and so talkative most days that by the time I put them to bed at night I just need SILENCE.  But then there are the days that they say something so funny and so random that I just have to smile. 

We've had a few of those moments in the past few months that I have to write down or I will forget. 

1. Grandma Kim was in the hospital in January for a day or two and we like to face time (sykpe) with them as much as possible since we don't get to see them very often since they live in Florida.  Well as soon as Dylan saw Grandma on the phone he immediately noticed she wasn't at her house and asked, "Grandma, where are you?"  To which she replied, "I'm in the hospital".  And Dylan replied, "when is the baby coming home?"  

Grandma thought it was pretty cute that he thought she was having a baby.  But his only experience with hospitals (that he remembers) is when they came to visit me in the hospital when Lauren was born.  So he naturally thought if Grandma is in the hospital, she must be bringing home a baby! 

2. Last week we went to Trader Joe's for groceries and as we were leaving there was a homeless man standing on the corner with the typical sign, "will work for money!" I can hear the boys talking but can't figure out what they are saying so I ask and Dylan says, "Mommy look, Santa Claus lost his reindeer and needs a ride to the North Pole!" 

The homeless man did have white hair and a white, long beard just like Santa. 

Well, we were back at Trader Joe's yesterday and the same homeless man is standing there again.  This time Will pipes up, "Mommy, Santa still needs a ride, can we take him to the North Pole?"  

3. After Trader Joe's we headed to the Pet store to pick up some dog food for Mason.  As the boys were walking into the store they noticed an employee sitting on the stoop smoking.  They have seen people smoking before and I have just told them it was icky and we don't do that.  Then, being the curious boys they are, they proceeded to ask if each and every person they know, smokes.  We went through everyone on both sides of the family and I said no to each one and reiterated at the end, smoking is icky and we don't do that.
  
Well, being the 4 year old Dylan is, he says (in front of the woman smoking), "Mommy, why is that woman doing that smoky thing? I thought you said it's icky and we don't do that?"  

Of course I tried to hush hush him and get him inside so I don't offend the lady smoking.  So then of course, Will chimes in, louder than Dylan, "Mommy, you didn't answer Dylan, why is that lady doing that smoky thing?  I thought we didn't do that?"  

Yes, boys...we don't.  Thanks for making Mommy really embarrassed.  And not embarrassed that I told them it's icky, because it is and I don't want them to smoke but embarrassed that they are 4 and 2 and don't know that you can't say things that like in front of people.  :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment