The boys spent last week at VBS at our church here. As soon as I read about it in the bulletin this winter, I knew I had to sign them up. The theme was "build God's city" with LEGOS. They LOVED it.
They had daily outdoor activities (Dylan is in the middle here)
learned a daily lesson (this one was David and Goliath)
The older kids, there were over 230 volunteers for the 360 kids, acted out a daily bible story as well. Everyday Will came home and said, "I saw the REAL Jesus today!" :) Dylan would say, "no, he didn't...he saw the guy who pretended he was Jesus". But Will thought he was real!
And then everyday ended with music in the church.
Will was in the preschool classroom.
This is our neighbor Ava, she will be in 2nd grade in the fall and the boys love her so they were very excited to see her everyday at VBS as well.
Will's class and teachers
Dylan was in the kindergarten class, here is his class and teachers. Dylan also met a couple friends who will go to Greenwood kindergarten in the fall which was great!
I took a couple videos of the music on the last day. Will totally got into the show.
Dylan on the other hand was trying to be cool (I think) and wouldn't really sing but kept his eye on his new friends who wouldn't sing either.
The music was awesome. We will definitely keep up this tradition going forward. Lauren was very sad there wasn't a "2 room" as well. She asked every single day we dropped off and picked up the boys where the "2 room" was? She failed to understand; she's not 2 and she'd never stay without Mommy even if there was a 2 room! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment