Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Break Fun!

The kids have been on spring break since last Friday, so we've been filling our days with lots of fun activities.  Friday it was gymnastics!  Lauren really wants to start a gymnastics class and I'm thinking this fall we might. She'll be old enough to do it without me and I think she'd love it. 
 Dylan was excited to get to do some fun things that he has been missing out on this year with school everyday. 


 These two have been obsessed with puzzles lately, so we bought a 300 piece puzzle and with my help it was done within a day...amazing! 
 this was early the next morning...with a little bed head
 This weekend we dyed Easter eggs, always a hit







 their finished products! 
 Monday we just chilled in the morning which included a little ICE CREAM!  And the boys spent all afternoon at a friends house playing while Mommy and Lauren napped! :)
Tuesday we headed to Toddler Tuesday at Nikelodean Universe at the Mall of America.  Always crazy and busy, but always fun.  Luke thought I was crazy to take all three here by myself so he insisted upon "bright" shirts so I wouldn't lose them :)  
 Lauren loved the rides
 the boys shooting the Ghosts on the Ghost Train
 bumper cars

 carousal


 these photos crack me up, these cars just spin in a circle but it speeds up around the curves and all three kids LOVE it. 



 Lauren rode as well but I had to ride with her...so no photos
 Legoland...Lauren posing with the lego girl  (she's really made out of all legos, it's incredible)
 we had lunch and then headed back to the rides for more fun, but first we ran into this guy! And surprisingly all three wanted to say hi.  I think the other moms were definitely judging me and my outfit choices for Easter bunny photos (all the other kids were dressed in their Easter best :)


 Tuesday night we dined "alfresco" out back with our new (old) picnic table given to us from a friend.  I see many meals out here this summer!  
After dinner, the boys came with me to my basketball league game.  They had been asking to come watch ever since I started in January but the games are typically at 7 or 8 pm and they normally go to bed at 7 when they have school the next day...but it's spring break, so I let them come along.  They loved it and kept asking when they get to start playing basketball! yay! :)
 Today we headed to the Minnesota Zoo with the Griffins

 this crew is silly! 

 she asked me to take a photo of her
 the best group shot I could get!  It's been a fun filled spring break so far.  Tomorrow is laundry, cleaning and packing for a fun weekend in Iowa for Easter with cousins!  
oh and I officially failed as a mother this week...Luke told me to buy the kids "jerseys" while at the Mall of America.  Unfortunately Iowa gear isn't sold up here and I really, really tried to convince them to go for Twins, Wild, Vikings but Lauren was insistent upon the Gophers...ugh!  Someone needs an intervention...Grandpa get on her this weekend! :)
 and lastly, we accomplished a new goal this week...Lauren is riding her bike.  (ignore all my commentary, she still needs some direction and it's annoying but she was pretty proud of herself!)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment