We decided to start potty training Dylan on Friday so I could give a good 3 days before handing him off to Lauren on Monday morning and things are going pretty well. Today, day 5, we had a huge milestone...Dylan told us he needed to potty!! The first 4 days it was us initiating it by sitting him on the potty every 20-30 minutes but this morning he told me "Mommy...ouch" and started doing a little wiggling. We ran to the potty, he sat down and immediately went.
Apparently "ouch" must be that "I NEED to pee" sensation we've all felt! :-)
I feel like we're making some progress, although I'm not ready to take him out into public just yet.
He LOVES to do the "potty dance" or "poopy dance" once he goes on the potty. Then he gets a sticker to put up on his sticker chart and a "treat" (1 M&M). I swear this boy lives for his M&M's, I wonder where he gets that? I may have to fight the snow tomorrow to get to the store for more "treats" because Mommy tends to eat any chocolate in the house. :-(
My little boy seems so grown up in his big boy undies!
More pictures and details of the snowstorm 2011 tomorrow! Let's hope for a snow day tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment