Saturday, September 15, 2012

more cousins!

September 13 we welcomed the newest member into the "Dolan" family.  Liam Chase Stafford was born at 34.5 weeks.  His early arrival was a surprise but he's healthy and most definitely loved!!

Lauren and I immediately jumped in the car when I heard the news and headed back to Iowa (thanks to Luke for agreeing to watch the boys).  When we arrived Friday morning, he was still on oxygen but a few hours later he decided he didn't need it anymore and pulled it out.  
 5 lbs, 14 oz; big boy for 5.5 weeks early! 
 the doctor agreed it wasn't necessary so he was breathing totally on his own by the time we left.  
 Aunt Kelly and Liam
 Grandma Dolan with her newest grandson
 me and Liam
kids are not allowed in the nicu, so we all took turns sitting in the waiting room with Lauren (THANKS!)  She is going to look huge compared to her cousin but I'm sure he'll catch up soon!
 lil toes
 He was born with black, curly beautiful hair, just like his big brother Dolan.
 Grandpa Dolan and Liam
 and the proud parents! They have been through a lot to get to this point, and I couldn't be more happy for them.  Liam will be one loved lil boy!  
I can't wait to come back when he's home for some cuddles and cousin time!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post as well! Hope is hospital stay is short and he gets to come home soon! AND Kelly you look really pretty in the picture of you and Liam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully Liam will get to meet his cousins soon! I've been telling him all about them. : )

    I totally agree with Maggie - that's the first time I thought when I saw that picture.

    ReplyDelete