You wouldn't know it from this picture, but the terrible two's have roared through our house.
Will has become one determined, stubborn little boy...especially when it comes to torturing Mommy and Daddy with getting out of bed over and over again at bedtime and naptime. Seriously, I feel like we're on Supernanny. She always tells her families, "just keep putting them back to bed and eventually they will understand that you're serious". Well we have tried and it's not working. He literally got out of bed probably 15 times Saturday night. He continues to get up and just smiles or laughs when you say, "Will, it's bedtime." He's even slept in the crib a few nights because he wouldn't stay but now Lauren needs her crib...ugh!!!I decided at naptime yesterday, I was done. I went to the store and bought the kid lock handles that go on the inside of his door. Much to his surprise, he couldn't open his door last night. :)
Well after 45 minutes of shaking the door at naptime today, he finally fell asleep...laying against the door. I'm hoping he understands quickly that we're serious and starts to just go to bed!
Emily...we did the same thing with Kyle! It worked! He stays in bed now :)
ReplyDelete