Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Potty training boot camp

We started potty training boot camp for Will yesterday.  Dylan was potty trained around 26 months and Will is almost 25 months so I thought we'd give it a whirl while it's still nice outside.

First thing Monday morning, we gave all his diapers to Lauren since she's the only baby in the family now. 
Then I showed him his sticker chart and jar of M&M's.  This boy is seriously motivated by chocolate, just like his mama!
Then I basically let him run around naked, set the timer for every 20 minutes and gave him sippy cup after sippy cup of juice, milk, water, whatever he would drink.
Day 1 was ok - we were probably 50/50 in the morning with half ending up in the toliet and half on the floor, but the afternoon/evening we were accident free.
Day 2 is only going great so far.  We had 1 accident this morning when I took him outside to help water flowers but none in the house.  AND he has been telling me when he has to go...AMAZING!! We also managed to make it to and from preschool to drop off and pick up Dylan with no accidents.
I think we are getting there!  He's seems to be catching on quicker than I remember Dylan.  We'll see, I think we are a long ways away from getting out of the house though because he seems to be peeing every 20 - 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment