Monday, May 20, 2013

31

31 feels old, I'm actually "into" my 30's now.  ugh, happy birthday to me!  Dylan woke up wanting to throw me a party so he searched all through the drawers trying to find balloons (that we didn't have) and was so disappointed when he figured out he couldn't throw me a party.  Apparently he takes after his father (late planning! :)
Inside we tried to go mini golfing (at the boys request) but it was closed so we stopped at the library. 
 And then grabbed ice cream at Grahams
After we got home, I set up a car washing station and the boys cleaned my car...inside and out! (it was awesome and they had so much fun!)
 Lauren snacked, ate dirt and played in the garage :)
Dylan made me two super cute cards.  This one with Daddy...
 and this one with Grandma Kim
 he had to explain each and every drawing here...Grandma agrees I'm going to have my hands full with his type A personality after helping him make this. 
 we also did a little science experiment today.  Somehow Dylan discovered "google" this weekend and we spent Friday night googling volcanos and lava so he wanted to create his own.  I found one with some baking soda and vinegar.
 it bubbled and kind of exploded but wasn't quite the explosion Dylan was anticipating!  Maybe next time. 
My birthday was capped off with hamburgers on the grill and dinner with the whole family.  Pretty much a perfect day even if I am getting old! :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ok, how did Dylan "discover" google? I agree with Kim on the type A personality. When he was here he had to draw/color everything perfect or he got really upset! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was talking to someone and said, "Well just google it?" and he asked what "google" was so I tried to explain by showing him volcanos...and it never stopped! :)

    ReplyDelete