I had the most fabulous weekend this past weekend in New York for three days with some of my favorite ladies (and mamas) from Geneva. We all met out there on Friday morning and covered the entire city.
First we went down to the 9/11 memorial. It was amazing.
We didn't think of it, but later thought this would have even been more spectacular at night. Apparently these fountains all light up.
surrounding the fountains are the names of every person who lost their life in the 1993 attack and 9/11 attack
Then we walked down to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty. A few of the girls were going to do the Statue tour but since the government is shut down the tour was closed.
the "freedom" tower
We headed back to the hotel to get ready for the night. We headed to dinner at Gotham Bar and Grill (amazing!) and then went out. Pretty sure I stayed out waaay too late, drank waaay too much but had so much fun with these ladies.
Saturday was a full "tourist day" and we had the MOST perfect day for it. High 60's/low 70's, crisp but sunny, we couldn't have asked for better weather.
First we walked to Times Square
then up to Central Park
were we decided to embrace having no kids and relax! :)
then to Grand Central, from there we headed down to the Brooklyn Bridge, Canal street and Soho to do some shopping and then back to the hotel to rest our feet. I'm pretty sure we probably walked 5 miles on Saturday.
Saturday night someone had a great idea to do a boat tour at dark. It was awesome to see all the lights. The pictures all came out blurry since the boat rocked so much but it was beautiful!
we told the boat captain it was Jamie's birthday so they catered to us all night! :)
Sunday we slept in, went to an antique flea market
visited Dylan's candy bar for some souvenirs for the kids (Will was super sad that I didn't bring home a bag with his name on it :) but they did all get a candy bar with their names.
After lunch we walked a little more and headed to the airport. It was so fun and a much needed get away. And the best part, I didn't feel like I hadn't seen these ladies in months at all. We were definitely very lucky in Geneva to meet some amazing friends who will be friends for life. I can't wait for our next get together! :)



















Fun trip, glad you had fun!
ReplyDelete