Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Random updates

We've been busy settling into our routine here. With preschool in the afternoon, mornings are busy with activities, errands, and me coming up with as many activities possible to entertain the kids.  Dylan and Will love art: drawing, painting, coloring, anything.  Dylan especially loves coping pictures (exactly) from the Internet, so of course Lauren wants in on the action as well.  I'm pretty sure she probably ate more paint than she got on the paper but it was fun...and it's non-toxic! 
 Will still likes to "scribble" as Dylan calls it, but he thinks it's beautiful
 Dylan, Mr. perfectionist, is actually pretty amazing when it comes to drawing.  Some days are harder than others with the perfectionist aspect of his personality but he's learning that not everything has to be perfect...every time! :)
 Lauren had her first big tumble this weekend.  She thinks she's a big girl these days and has realized that after bath the boys always get to go downstairs (while I used to get her ready for bed; books, cuddles, etc).  Well now that she's decided she's a big girl, she thinks she gets to go downstairs as well.  Saturday night I got her pj's on and was helping Will when she sprinted (as fast as she could in footie pjs) to the stairs and started down.  I didn't see the first half so I'm not sure if she made it half way before falling or if she tumbled the entire way but I did watch her bounce half way down the stairs and thud her head on the last spindle where she started bleeding from the head.  :(  It stopped pretty quickly and we decided there was no need for stitches but she was a little lethargic for a day or so.  She seems to be back to herself now. Poor girl! 
The boys have been doing swimming lessons for about 5 weeks now, Dylan can officially do the crawl.  (video quality is pretty poor, the indoor pool is dark)
But they both love it and have both improved a lot.  Dylan just got moved up to the next level which means Will gets a one on one lesson even though I'm paying for group!  Works for me! :)
This is a typical car ride for me...I had to pull over to video tape it because I couldn't stop laughing.  Lauren stopped once she saw me paying attention though. 
And my big girl, she is so funny these days.  I forgot how much a 15 month old understands but can't express.  She truly believes she's 3 or 4 like the boys and tries to do EVERYTHING they do.  She refuses to sit in her high chair anymore because it's not at the table and loves to do movie night with the boys.  She only lasts about 5 minutes but she cuddles up on the bed with both boys and just looks back and forth at them and smiles.  :)
This weekend I ran the Minneapolis 10 miler on Sunday morning.  I had trained quite a bit for the race but was not prepared for the hills, they killed me!  But it was a beautiful morning, perfect temperature and I finished 40 seconds below my goal time. 
That pretty much catches you all up on our life.  
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awww I feel like I haven't seen you all for a long time....I think it's been 6 weeks? :)

    ReplyDelete