Wednesday, October 16, 2013

preparing for winter

"Embracing" Minnesota means embracing the cold (not exactly my forte) but we decided we had better teach these kids some winter outdoor activities or by January I'm going to go crazy.  Yesterday Dylan started ice skating lessons.  I figured if there's any chance of me taking the kids out on the ice this winter, I'd have to have at least 1 independent skater. 

They started like this...
but within a half hour he was skating all on his own.  We just rented skates, which apparently are not the best quality skates.  His teacher was totally impressed this was his first time EVER on skates and told me to buy him some REAL ones and he'll have ice skating down in a couple weeks.  we'll see?  
I bribed Will with snacks and the promise that I'd take him to the library after ice skating (so he wouldn't whine the entire time we were at the ice rink).  He REALLY wanted to skate too, but you have to be 4. ugh!  Some days I think it would be easier if they were twins, hard concept to understand when you're 3.
So we headed to the library after and they just happened to be having family storytime.  Lauren was too cute not to video tape.  She LOVES music right now and will dance and clap her hands when she hears music.  too cute!
this morning we relaxed at home which ending up turning into face painting to "practice" Dylan's skeleton face for Halloween.  He isn't really into masks but wants to be a skeleton so I told him I could paint his face instead.  This is what I came up with?!?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment