Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Friends galore

As I've talked about in previous posts, we made some AMAZING friends living in Geneva.  That was definitely the hardest part about leaving.  I LOVED the moms, the Dads got along great and the kids adored each other.  Well 4 of the Moms and 10 of their kids decided last minute to road trip to MN to visit us last Thursday.  Luke thought I was nuts inviting all of them into our home (at once) but I embraced the chaos and loved every minute of it.  

While the "littles" napped, the "bigs" played on the slip and slide.  
 6 are "bigs" aka Dylan's age, 4 are "littles" aka Lauren's age and a few intermixed around Will...and then one baby.  Baby Penelope :)  I got a little baby fix cuddling her but every time I tried to hold her Lauren would say, "give baby back, give baby back"  :) 
 I forgot to grab swim trunks for Dylan and Will before the babies took over their rooms for naps, so they resorted to underwear! 

 wheeee! 


 the older crew... 
we headed over to the pool once the babies woke up and everyone swam for awhile 
 the diving board was a big hit!
 Jamie and Miss Leah! 

Leah, Lauren and Kay
 Popsicles after dinner
 Friday we headed out to the lake for a little boating/swimming.  And yes, 5 moms managed 13 kids on a boat...pretty easily actually.  We are SUPERMOMS! :)
 Billie and Kay
 best buds! 


 Jessie and Mason, these two have been up to visit us twice in a month. We could get used to that!! :)
 my co-boat captain

 and the moms had to try out paddle boarding, so fun! 
 while the babies napped again, the bigs headed to the Hamel park.  


 monkeys


the crew, minus baby Penelope and Finley
 there was LOTS of trampoline time with our friends...
 these kids LOVE each other and it's so cute to see.  We miss you all and appreciate everyone making the trip up to visit!  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment