Our sweet Lauren turned 2 today. Craziness! She is a smiley, happy, sassy little thing that NEVER shuts up. I thought the boys talked a lot, this girl has the "Dolan" gene (as my dad would say), she really never stops talking. She talks to me, she talks to her brothers, she talks to Daddy and she even talks to herself ALL DAY LONG.
She is fearless, which can be a bit scary. She loves doing exactly what her brothers do whether that's tubing on the river, jumping off the dock, swimming in the deep water, jumping off a diving board, taking showers. She is there and ready to participate in everything. She literally has no fear.
She loves her princesses, dolls, high heeled shoes, bows and everything girly. But will then turn around and dress up like a super hero and grab a ninja turtle sword to fight her brothers. They definitely influence her choices but she is a girl at heart!
She loves to have her toes and fingers painted AT ALL times (thanks Grandma). Grandma Dolan painted them in March and they haven't not been painted since :)
We have her 2 year appt. next week, so stats to follow but she has slimmed down a lot from last year as she's probably my pickiest eater. I feel like the boys were definitely more picky around this age but I struggle with her. The boys eat everything and she definitely lets me know what she likes and what she doesn't.
She's a total pro at the potty training; day and night she's dry. I could count on one hand how many accidents she's had since potty training in March.
She's still a mama's girl but I feel like she is getting a little more detached. She warms up a little faster to family, visitors and may even leave my side if comfortable enough.
You are an amazing little girl Lauren and I wish I could stop time and keep you at this age forever. I love everything about it. Your curiosity and fearlessness will lead you far and I pray you never lose that sweet smile. We love you!












No comments:
Post a Comment