Wednesday, September 3, 2014

And so it begins...

 Yesterday was Dylan's first day of Kindergarten.  What a range of emotions it created.  He was soooo excited and up bright and early (which has not been typical of Dylan lately).  
 There are 7 kindergarten class rooms in his school and no one we know that goes there was in his class.  But he was excited to meet some new friends and hopefully run into some other ones at recess. 
 Here he is with all his neighborhood friends heading to Greenwood elementary.  This photo made me realize how tall Dylan is.  The two kids he's standing in between are 2nd graders.  :)  
Left to right: Jack (1st), Hannah (2nd), Gracie (kindergarten), Bennett (4th), Ava (2nd), Dylan (kindergarten), and Grant (2nd)
 waiting for the bus to arrive
 I definitely think having his friends made it much easier for him to get on the bus.  The bus came and he didn't look back, not even to wave goodbye. 
 he did give me a little wave from the front seat.  He sat with his two buddys, Grant and Jack. 
I will admit I shed a little tear watching him stand there with all his friends.  He's so grown up and it's just weird not having him home all day long with Will and Lauren.  But it's hard to be sad because he was so excited and the first day went awesome.  
He was super chatty when he got home and wanted to tell me everything about his day.  He also said, "I love Kindergarten, I can't wait to go back tomorrow!" :)  
My little boy is not so little anymore!  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment