Since school started in September, I swear our lives have been crazy. Everyone warned me that life just keeps getting busier and busier and I finally believe it. Life's been busy...but so much fun!
Friday night Dylan's school (Greenwood Elementary) had their first fun run. Here he is with our neighbor Gracie who is also in Kindergarten.
The kindergarteners, 1st and 2nd graders ran a 1/2 mile. The 3rd, 4th and 5th graders ran a mile. This is Jack, Gracie's brother.
Here comes Dylan on his first quarter mile.
Most of the kids were dying after a quarter mile. I don't think they quite understand how to "pace" themselves.
Dylan approaching the finish line
And he's done!
Proud Daddy! I think they look so much alike here.
After the race, they had hot dogs, chips and water for the kids. Chilly picnic dinner followed by a little fun on the playground = a fun Friday night!
Saturday morning I headed to the airport and was off to visit DC and Cannon! It was a great excuse to get away for a quick weekend and he was a great host. He lives about 2 miles from the capital so we headed out on a little run on Saturday afternoon to see some sites. That was followed by sushi. YUM!
Sunday morning we headed out for the big event...the Army 10 miler. I convinced Cannon back in May to run this race with me. Both of us lacked in training; me because I was lazy...him because he broke his wrist. But I think we were both a little nervous about the distance. Cannon kept insisting he was just going to run with me (which would have been torture for him), but luckily we were put into two different waves (him fast, me not :) so I didn't have to hold him back.
He killed it, running 65 minutes (amazing!) and I survived, definitely not my fastest 10 mile but I did it in 90 minutes, which was ok.
Next year...I will train.
And Cannon will probably win! :)
Anyone else want to join us to watch, promise it will be lots of fun!
After the race, we headed to brunch with Tess and Kendall.
That turned into a bar...some day drinking...some pizza and lots of fun!
Thanks for a great weekend Cannon and Tess and Kendall!










No comments:
Post a Comment