Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Life lately

We've been spending some time with this baby, Ruby.  I'm helping a friend out while she searches for childcare and Lauren is loving it!  Actually the boys really seem to like it as well, they've already asked if we can steal her.  haha
 Lauren and Will started "high school" preschool a few weeks ago.  Lauren was super excited to go and having Will go with her definitely helped.  
 Lauren's 1st day of preschool, she did great and wants to go everyday! 
 They came home with astronaut helmets one day, super cute!
 Lauren found this dress in her closet and insisted on wearing it last weekend.  I wore this dress to my uncle's wedding when I was 4.  I tried to find a photo but couldn't, she looked adorable!! 
 This past weekend, Cannon and mom headed up to visit us.  Cannon convinced me back in February to sign up for the Lake Minnetonka half marathon and he would sign up as well.  Mom grabbed a great spot and waited for us to finish.  Here comes Cannon in the blue shirt. 
 Running alone...I can say that I was never alone, he's too fast! :)
 Finishing strong! 
 Cannon is amazing and finished 16th out of 2600 (approximately) runners.  He ran something like an hour and 23 minutes...INSANE!  And amazing! 
 Aaron also ran very well, he was something like an hour and 34 minutes...awesome as well! 

 And here I come around the corner, I was sooo sooo happy to see the finish line.  haha
 My goal was to finish under 2 hours, but my garmin died at mile 5 (runner fail!) and I finished in 2 hours and 1 minute.  I'm sure I could have shaved a minute off that time if I knew I was that close, but oh well, I survived but my knees are sore still!
Cannon and I after the race, we're DONE!!!
 I convinced my friend Kim to sign up and run as well and she finished too!  Her 1st half marathon, yay! 
 The rest of the weekend was super laid back, kids played outside, laid around letting our legs recover.  The kids loved having Cannon and Grandma all to themselves!  

 Thanks for coming to visit us and thanks for convincing me to run Cannon!  We did it! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment