Dylan had his 2 year appointment on Friday and the doctor said we have a "big boy" on our hands. He was 29.2 lbs (70th percentile) and 37.5 inches (off the charts...over 100%). He said if Dylan continues to grow like he has the first 2 years of his life he'll be 6'7"!! We may just have a basketball player on our hands! :-) (sorry Jose...no wrestler here)
In other news, we received our first snow this weekend. I took Dylan out Saturday morning to play in the snow and wait in line with Mommy in an attempt to get him into swimming lessons through the Chicago Parks district. After lots of playing...swinging...snowballs (Dylan loved the snow)
and a breakfast date with Mommy....
3 hours later...we got in! Hopefully Dylan likes the water!!
The doctor also gave me the go ahead to let Will cry it out and learn to soothe himself to sleep. YAY!! I was spending my entire evening when I got home from work trying to get Will to sleep and not getting good "Dylan time" so it was sleep bootcamp this weekend for Will.
And he did great!! The longest he's cried yet is 45 minutes. He's learning to soothe himself (by sucking on his hand) and the past couple nights he's only been up once a night! Let's hope the sleeping continues!
The doctor also gave me the go ahead to let Will cry it out and learn to soothe himself to sleep. YAY!! I was spending my entire evening when I got home from work trying to get Will to sleep and not getting good "Dylan time" so it was sleep bootcamp this weekend for Will.
And he did great!! The longest he's cried yet is 45 minutes. He's learning to soothe himself (by sucking on his hand) and the past couple nights he's only been up once a night! Let's hope the sleeping continues!
What a gorgeous family! I have a 2 yr old little girl and due with a little boy in January. It's so exciting. Although I know things like "sleep bootcamp" won't be fun when they come up I'm sure. LOL
ReplyDelete