Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Tree and the Birthday Boy

I wanted to start a family tradition this year and cut down our Christmas tree like my family always did growing up...it didn't exactly go as planned. Dylan must have been a bit exhausted from the Florida trip because he fell asleep on the way out to the Christmas tree farm. We woke him up when we arrived and he was NOT happy. He screamed and cried and there was no calming him down. So my fun family tradition ended up being me standing at the car with 2 screaming boys while Luke trudged through the trees, found the perfect tree, cut it down himself, drug it back to the car and tied it up. FUN FUN!! :-)
Not exactly what I envisioned but definitely one we will never forget! Dylan has mastered the "cheese" smile in front of our first fire of the season.
I can't get a picture now with his eyes open.
wait...there is one!
putting the angel on the tree
stockings are hung but the ornaments didn't get up until the next morning...Will had other plans for my evening.
On Monday, my sweet baby boy turned 2!! I'm not sure where the past 2 years have gone? I feel like it was just yesterday that Dylan was born. He's grown up so much in the past 3 months though since Will was born and is such a great big brother.
He is really into animals and the zoo so I decided to make him a lion and elephant cake.
I also had a very small birthday party for him with Jack and Emma Walti and our neighbor boy Tristen. Dylan's face just lit up when they walked in the door. So cute...he's making friends!
cheese!!!
time for presents!
he loved opening them, Christmas is going to be fun this year!

Playing his new guitar with Daddy, he's all ready for Mr. Singer now!
Happy Birthday Dylan!!!
One more random thought for the evening...Dylan has mastered his name "Korbmacher"....it's "Korb - mach - cer" but he says it!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment