Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I signed up!

With my 29th birthday looming, I've been trying to come up with a list of accomplishments I want to achieve just for ME before I turn 30. #1 on that list is running another marathon.

And I am officially signed up! I am running my 2nd marathon (the Fox Valley Marathon) on September 18, 2011 (my Mama's birthday). Jose and Kim are planning to make the trip to Chicago and Jose will be running his 3rd or maybe it's his 4th marathon as well. If anyone else out there is interested let me know! There is also a half marathon and a 20 mile race the same day.

I love the peace, quiet and relaxation a long run gives me and believe that it definitely makes me a happier, more patient person...and momma! I'm looking forward to many miles of running in my future!

This is me, 6 years ago, after finishing my 1st marathon at Grandma's in Duluth. In the past six years I've lived in 3 states, had 2 children, 1 wedding and far too few miles on those legs. My running days are back! Saturday mornings are officially Daddy mornings for the boys. :)p.s. check out that Ipod on my arm (old school)!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Emily! That is the exact reason I did signed up and did one last year! And running one after having two children is way more rewarding! I want to do the Minneapolis one in 2012! Good luck with the training! And I love the IPOD but my first one I did I ran with a radio...not even an IPOD!

    ReplyDelete