Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chaos

This morning did not go as planned...
Instead of a fun, relaxing play date at the park with friends, we spent an hour and a half at urgent care getting Will 2 stitches after he somehow sliced his lip open on his metal skid loader toy.  Urgent care started out fairly calm, as I was able to stop the bleeding before arriving. (as you can see, the boys are still in their pj's!)
 He was even giggling with the nurse at this point as she cleaned out his lip with a "squirt gun" as she called it. That was the end of giggles...
 Let the chaos begin...
Lauren was hungry, 
Dylan was asking a million questions, in typical Dylan fashion, 
And Will (poor Will) had to be restrained, strapped down to a board and screamed for the entire 10 minutes it took for them to numb his lip and give him two stitches. 
 If there wasn't already two kids screaming, I think I could have shed some tears myself but we all survived.  Will even got his ice cream for lunch that I promised him mid stitches.  We are hoping he doesn't bite out the stitches since they are directly on his lip but the doctor said every day they stay in the better the wound will heal.  

He's back to his sweet, lovable self tonight!  Here's the best shot I could get of the stitches. 
Hopefully, there won't be any more stitches in our near future.  I think we all were scarred!

No comments:

Post a Comment