Friday, April 26, 2013

1st conference

I had Dylan's 1st conference yesterday morning after preschool.  I think everyone knows that he has definitely been my "challenging" child the past 4 years.  I think preschool has been amazing for him and really helped his behavior at home and towards others but I still didn't expect to hear what I did. 
* His teacher raved about him. 
* Called him confident, but shy and quiet, in a good way. (her words, not mine)
* She told me that of 18 kids in his class, he is by far the most behaved child in the room?!? 
* He shares well and all the kids want to play with him. 
* And he not only knows everything he needs to know now, but knows just about everything he should know by the end of next year. 
* She said, this doesn't happen very often, but I have nothing to give you as "things to work on". 

I wasn't exactly sure what to say?  I actually laughed when she told me he was the "most behaved"?  She did not believe me when I told her he's had me in tears numerous times throughout the past 4 years (because of his behavior).  Who is this kid that shows up to preschool because I'm pretty sure he's not my Dylan! :)

I guess I should be thankful.  He is growing up and apparently is smart enough to know when to behave.  Maybe those threats of being kicked out of preschool that I drilled in his head last summer really worked! :)

1st conference was a success!  

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Go Dylan! And way to go Emily! He's a great boy and is growing up so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Dylan. He did good at our house last week, he has come a long ways:)!!!!

    ReplyDelete