Tuesday, January 14, 2014

18 months of pure joy

Miss Lauren Mary turned 18 months on January 10.  She has grown into the sweetest little (big) girl.  
Her stats at 18 months are: 
height 33.5 inches 90-95% (Dylan was 35 inches, Will was 33 inches)
weight 27 pounds 13 oz 95-98% (Dylan weighed 26 lbs, 9 oz, Will weighed 28 lbs, 1oz)
 She absolutely adores her brothers and even though she doesn't say a lot (words that is) she communicates amazingly and understands EVERYTHING!  She thinks she's a "big" girl and tries to do everything her brothers do.
 Her vocabulary these days includes: mama, MAMA, MAAAMAAA (and any other form of mama you can think from whispers to screams :), dada, bye bye, hello, more, up, ball, milk, help, uh oh, car, nite nite, and duck.  Everything else is "da", we hear that 1000 times a day but since everyone seems to cater to her every need it works :)
 She knows what a cow, sheep, horse, puppy, duck and kitty say.  She knows where her head, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, teeth, tongue, belly, belly button, legs, toes, feet, arms and hands are. 
She also CLEARLY knows how to "pick her nose".  She isn't usually the instigator, but I'm usually telling one of the boys, "stop picking your nose" and she immediately shoves her finger up there and thinks it's hilarious! 
 Some days I think she'll end up being a huge tom-boy because she loves playing with the boys cars, nerf guns, balls, legos, etc.  But her favorite activity, by far, is playing tea party.  She LOVES playing with her tea set and kitchen, making her babies (and anyone else who will play with her) food and serving tea.  It is super sweet to see.  
 She finally sleeps like a rock star, typically close to 12 hours a night with a 2 hour nap. 
 Her hair is finally growing and she is starting to get a few curls in the back.  It doesn't look like she's going to get curls like me, but maybe a few?  I'm not ready to cut it but I think it's starting to annoy her because it's constantly in her face.  She now lives with clips, pony tails or pig tails in her hair.  She did have her 1st "pretend" hair cut.  Mara was cutting the boys hair a few weeks back and being the typical follower, she wanted a cut too.  So we pretended.  She did great, sat up there, smiled and thought "if they can do it, I can too!" 
 She's sadly growing out of her cuddly phase.  She no longer loves to be pulled into bed with Mommy and immediately fall back to sleep but she is still very territorially over Mommy.  If anyone (Dylan and Will included) sits in my lap, asks for a hug or a kiss or shows ANY affection…she immediately wants in on that action.  She can't be left out and no one is going to sit in Mommy's lap without her there too.  
 I'm trying to soak in all the cuddles and baby moments I have left with her but sadly I don't think she's much of a baby anymore.  She's growing far too fast.  
I love seeing her interaction with her brothers and cousins but I hope I never forget that baby phase.  Lauren you are our little sweetheart.  We all adore you.  We love to see you laugh, explore and learn new things and can't wait to see what this world has in store for you.  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment