Tuesday, January 7, 2014

You know you live in Minnesota when...

  1. the governor calls off school in the entire state because it's so cold
  2. the temps reached -50 below zero (windchill)
  3. 30 degrees feels like spring (and I admit, I didn't even put on a coat the last time I headed out in 30 degree weather)
  4. my kids have to wear gloves walking from a grocery store to the car otherwise their fingers risk frost bite (and I've never been somewhere so cold that we have to wear gloves on errands...annoying!)
  5. the boys found ice on the inside of our front door
  6. you are required to take a written test to get a Minnesota driver's license.  What? Who knew states didn't have reciprocity with each other on driver's licenses?
Anyway, it's freaking COLD here!  We've been reading lots of books, watching lots of movies, doing lots of art projects but we are all ready to head back to school tomorrow. I'm pumped for the weekend warm up, highs of 35 on sunday!  Yay!!  Maybe we can actually get out and enjoy the winter wonderland with decent temps like those:  sledding, skiing, ice skating hopefully this weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment