Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Skiing

I love skiing and don't get to do it very often since Luke's had 3 ACL surgeries and can't ski anymore.  So I thought I'd take Dylan out and teach him young.  Little did I know he'd be a natural! :)
He was SUPER excited to go.  I think mostly because I took him during nap time, so he didn't have to have quiet time but it was also fun to just have a little one on one time with him. 
 Luke's step brother Aaron works out at Hyland, so he hooked us up with free lift passes and free rentals (which was AWESOME!).  And we ventured out.
I wanted to get Dylan lessons, because I ski and I'm pretty decent but I definitely don't ski "correctly" nor have I ever had lessons so I had no clue how to teach someone to ski.  Unfortunately it was 35 degrees this day, the ski resort was packed and lessons were already full so we made due.  Aaron was a BIG help since he was running the lift on the bunny hill and helped give Dylan pointers.  After two hours he had the bunny hill mastered. Check it out! 

He still could use a few lessons to help him stop, but he really impressed me.  And begged me to go down a "big" hill, so our last run of the day was down one of the "big" hills.  We rode the lift up the hill (which scared Dylan to death) but he made it down all in one piece.
We had so much fun and he's already asking to go back.  Will also saw the videos of Dylan and wants to go next time as well.  (wish me luck with that!)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment