Sunday, January 4, 2015

Winter fun

Thursday we headed out to Grandma's house for an overnight stay, mainly because Luke was sick and I wanted to avoid all 5 of us getting the flu but the kids also LOVE sleeping over at Grandma's so it's fun for all!  
We brought out the skates and headed out on the lake.  The neighbor has an awesome ice rink. 
 Dylan stood up and skated right away
 he loved it!
 We tried out some new hockey skates for Will (handed down from one of Luke's co-workers) and I don't think they have as much stability because he couldn't even stand on the blades.  :)  Or maybe he was just scared, because he tends to take a little longer to remember he's done this before and do it again. 
 It was a beautiful, 30 degree day!


 and he's down
 but still smiling
 Lauren didn't want to skate, which was probably a good thing because I don't think I could have handled 2 that couldn't skate on their own.  She was happy to slide on her boots, like Mama!

 not sure what was so exciting here, but it's cute :)
 On Friday morning, I picked up Grant (our neighbor) and took him and Dylan to snowboarding lessons.  Dylan skied a couple times last winter but this was his first time every snowboarding.  
 they warmed up first
 it was cold!
 and then learned how to walk with the board



 here is Grant headed down the hill, he took a few lessons last year as well. 








 Friday and Saturday the weather was decent, in the 20's.  But today was brutal.  It was a -4 temperature and windchill was -25 at 9 am.  Luke took Dylan to snowboarding since I had church but he said a bunch of the kids didn't show up.   I know they took a couple breaks to warm up and even drink some hot chocolate but I'm so proud of him for getting out there and trying something new and braving the cold.  He had a blast! 
This was his best video from day 1.  I know on day two, they put two feet in the board (the neighbors drove that day) and day 3 he went up the magic carpet and down the entire bunny hill so he definitely made some progress!
He has 3 more lessons the next three Sundays, so Uncle Aaron should have a snowboarding buddy soon! :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment