Today, August 19 my little man William Luke is 3!
I think back to August 19 three years ago and still am in shock over that day. He was three weeks early, a total surprise for us. Luke was supposed to be in San Francisco on a work trip but I went home from work sick the day before and told him he better not fly out that morning. I had so much work I was supposed to finish up before going on maternity leave in the next three weeks but he had other ideas. He came quick (1.5 hours), I had no drugs and thinking back...I thought I was going to die. :) He was the only child we didn't know the sex of going into delivery but I was convinced it was a boy so it was no real surprise to me.
Will is a ball of energy, silly, goofy, whiny (just being honest) but typically full of smiles.
He has the most gorgeous eyes, with the longest eye lashes...
and the most beautiful blue eyes that melt my heart!
He idolizes his older brother and will say and do anything Dylan does or tells him to do. And although I just assumed the boys would be similar, there are basically complete opposites. They obviously have a different look, but their personalities are so different as well. Will is definitely more reserved than Dylan, a little shyer and takes a little longer to warm up to people. I thought for sure Will would be the one to cry when I first dropped him off at preschool (he was a total Mama's boy forever), and I still think he would if he were the first child but watching Dylan go for two years, he's warmed up to the idea and is ready. I don't think he'll shed tears now but he definitely won't walk in without turning around and with the attitude Dylan did.
Will is my lover and has been my cuddlier since he was born. I remember as a baby soaking in the baby cuddles because Dylan NEVER let me cuddle or wanted to be rocked. Will still wants hugs and cuddles when he wakes in the morning and from nap. He loves big, loves his brother and loves his sister, although he did ask for a new sister last week because Lauren has started hitting him! Maybe he will finally learn the concept of personal space we've been preaching to the boys :)
I am so lucky to be this little man's Mommy and watch him grow up and follow his every dream.
3 years has flown by, I feel like just yesterday he was learning to walk and learning to talk.
Happy birthday baby boy! (he hates when I call him my baby boy because he is NOT a baby! :) But he'll always be my baby boy.
I couldn't just take a few pictures of Will without Dylan getting jealous so he made me take some of him as well.
and my "superstar"! you say "superstar" to her and she'll grab the closest sunglasses, put them on and give the biggest grin she can give.
In other news, she took THREE little steps all by her self yesterday. She may just walk one of these days.














Happy Birthday Will!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures - hope Will has a wonderful 3rd birthday!
ReplyDelete