We headed back to the ENT today with Will and received some GREAT news!
1. His ears were finally clear of all fluid and the tubes are working properly
2. He passed his hearing test!!! 

I was nervous for the test because I just didn't want to deal with the prospect of actual hearing loss verus just being the fluid in his ears preventing him from hearing everything clearly but I think I would have been surprised if he failed. His attempts at speech have flourished in the past week to 10 days and over that time has learned 7-8 new words.
blow (bubbles :), popcorn, hat, socks, car, boat, balloon, bye bye and is now saying MAMA fairly consistently!
Dylan has even commented a couple times, "Will is talking, Mommy!" :) It's super exciting to see and hopefully the progress continues. He does have a speech evaluation on Thursday for early intervention but to qualify he has to have a 30% delay so I'm not sure if he will or not? I guess we'll see how talkative he is come Thursday morning.
Yay! Good job Will!
ReplyDelete