Wednesday, November 28, 2012

birthday and a beach photo shoot

We also celebrated Dylan's 4th birthday while in Florida.  He was equally as excited as his first birthday celebration with cousins in Iowa.
 he specifically requested candles
 my big boy!
 singing him happy birthday, my talkative, crazy boy gets so shy sometimes when all the attention turns to him
 but then it's time to blow out the candles...which he's a pro at!
 and a few more presents
 a light up pillow pet, just like cousin Keeley! :)
 After all the cousins, aunts and uncles had headed home on Saturday, I took the kids down to the Naples Pier to check out the water on Sunday.  I had a great idea to get a shot of all three on a bench with the ocean and beach behind them.  I set the boys up, grabbed my camera and got it all ready.  Once I was ready, I told Dylan he was going to hold Lauren.  Of course, in typically Will fashion, he wanted to hold Lauren and threw a fit because he couldn't do the same thing Dylan was going to do. After much negiotiation, I agreed to let Will hold her. So I get them all ready (people are now looking at me like I'm crazy! :), grab my camera and say smile!  This is what I got...haha!
 Apparently I didn't think about the sun and simultaneously they both said, "Ewww, SUN!"  
After that debacle, I got the boys ice cream cones...
  Then some nice gentleman asked me if I wanted him to take a picture of all 4 of us.  I first told him, no thanks, knowing that my camera isn't the easiest to just grab and shoot but he insisted so I thought maybe he kind of knew what he was doing.  This is what he shot...I guess I failed to tell him that he must focus on us, not the water behind us. It's a great shot of the bird flying behind though! :)
 messy ice cream
 Lauren's 1st trip to the beach (at 4 months old!) and a mini photo shoot on the beach
 this is the best I could get of all three looking and cooperating
 beautiful Lauren :)
 chubby baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment