Sunday, April 29, 2012

Big boy

I definitely wasn't ready for this, but we're giving it a shot...tonight is Will's 1st night in his big boy bed.  I was planning on moving Will into Dylan's room and keeping him in a crib to decrease the ability for them to play/interact/wake each other up but Will had other ideas.  I swear as the second kid, he wants to do EVERYTHING Dylan does and when Dylan got a new "bigger" bed, he was soooo interested.  He's also started screaming a lot at night and another Mom told me her daughter did this when she was ready to move into a "big girl" bed, so after much deliberation we made the jump. 
 The crib is still in the room in case I get desperate, but night 1 is a success so far.  No climbing out yet (we set it up backwards like we did with Dylan attempting to prohibit climbing out), we'll see how the rest of the night goes.  He was quite excited about it though, so I think he likes it.
I'm hoping we can get him completely comfortable with this bed before moving it into Dylan's room later this summer when baby girl arrives.

On another note, he's also peed in the potty two nights in a row before bath...when did my little boy grow up?!? 

3 comments:

  1. My heartis melting over how sweet helooks in his big boy bed! And high five for peeing in the potty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Will! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show me a picture of Dylan in his new bed. That bed has to look huge compared to Dylan! ; )

    ReplyDelete