We headed back to Geneva on the morning of Christmas Eve to spend our first Christmas as a family in our own home. It was truly amazing but a little part of me really missed everyone back home (even though we had just left) since for 29 years I've been spending Christmas Eve with them. I guess I have to be a grown up eventually! :) And we didn't want to forever explain why Santa Claus shows up at Grandma and Grandpa house.
Anyway, on to creating our new traditions...
Everyone took naps as soon as we got back and then the fun began. We started with our gingerbread house.
I highly recommend Trader Joe's gingerbread houses. It's the first house that actually has stayed together upon making it.
And then we had to make cookies for Santa!
there was a little dancing...to Jingle Bells
and then decorating the cookies
our masterpieces, the boys loved the sprinkles! And Santa loved the cookies! :)
After baths, we opened a few gifts from Mommy and Daddy
the lego table was the highlight of the night!
there were bedtime stories by the fire and a big thank you to Mom and Dad for the awesome fire wood holder in the corner. It fits perfect and we love it!
Christmas morning the boys woke up bright and early (5:45) and ran downstairs to see if Santa had come. The chocolates in the stockings were one of their favorite gifts. They each were seriously hoarding piles of them around the house, behind the toy box because they knew I wouldn't let them eat more than a couple at a time.
Santa brought them the blue airplane tracks that connect to their train track they already had. They were both pumped!
I made them pose for 1 picture! :)
Once all the presents were opened from Santa, I think they were a little overwhelmed since they hadn't even had time to open the gifts from Iowa. So we opened their new remote control cars and they took them outside for awhile.
Lauren all dolled up for church on her 1st Christmas!
And since Lauren was sleeping when family photos were done at Mom and Dad's, I had to get a family one. Here we all are, Christmas 2012!
Luke thought the timer on my camera was pretty cool, so he apparently started experimenting...hahaha
he probably thought no one would ever see these...
you're pretty cool! :)
Merry Christmas!




















No comments:
Post a Comment