We headed back to Iowa last Wednesday to beat the blizzard heading their way. The blizzard hit Wednesday night which was perfect in the fact that mom had two snow days on Thursday and Friday so we got lots of Grandma time (along with Grandpa) but not perfect since Cannon's flight into Cedar Rapids for Thursday afternoon was cancelled from Chicago. He spent the evening with Luke and then grabbed a ride and was home by Friday evening just in time for his Christmakwanzakah bus trip. I failed to get a group shot this year but I did grab a couple.
Cannon definitely dressed the part! And we had lots of fun but next year I think I'm drinking! All my babies should be sleeping through the night, eating/drinking their own food...yep, I'm drinking! :)
The boys loved the 8 inches of snow and enjoyed lots of sledding with their cousins.
Someone from the North Pole left a message for the kids...
and then Santa showed up!
their faces were all so cute (even if the picture is totally blurry!)
Lauren wasn't sure what to think and was super tired...but she rallied and got her first present from Santa!
she's also getting her 1st tooth for Christmas, it's just starting to poke through. She was definitely extra fussy today but I'm not sure if it's the tooth or the sickness the kids all seems to have caught. She had snot running from her nose today.
baby Liam checking out Santa
Will did not want to sit on Santa's lap but Daddy plopped him up there and he actually kind of smiled?
Dylan loved it! haha
and of course, the baby of the family gets a gift from Santa! I didn't get pictures of the girls but Addie and Emee jumped right up there while Charlotte stood in the back saying "no, no, no!"
and then we got a few presents...just a few :)
and this was only half the room, my camera wasn't wide enough to get it all!
the kids were so patient waiting their turn
and had so much fun opening each of them! As always, mom and dad went over and above any of our expectations. The kids (and us) were thrilled with everything and are still trying to find a place for all our new goodies.
Of course the night couldn't end without the annual corn competition. Cannon finally was defeated in year 3 by Kelly! The girls were awarded shirts saying, "My Mommy is the BEST!" I can't wait for Addie and Emee to wear those to school, their teachers are going to think a little different of "Mommy"! :)
It was a wonderful Christmas with all my favorite people. The boys were excited to come home to Santa but immediately asked in church on Christmas morning when they could go back to Iowa to play with their cousins again! :) Thank you Mom and Dad for everything!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment