We had a fairly relaxing 4th of July this year. With temps in the 100's we decided to forgo any parades and tried to get the boys to take LONG naps in preparation for a late night of fireworks. It worked pretty well, Will took two naps and Dylan a good 3.5 hour nap so we were ready to go.
My aunt and uncle invited us over for dinner which was awesome because cooking is the last thing I have felt like doing lately! :) Dinner was followed by the boys first fireworks show.
Here they are getting the sparklers lit prior to the fireworks starting.
All the kids LOVED the sparklers!
expect Leo kept dropping his in the grass...the brown, dry, dry grass! :) I think he thought they were going to burn him.
Grace and Leo mesmerized by sparklers
And the fireworks show! It started around 9:30 and was actually quite long, I think we got the boys in bed around 10:15. Dylan really seemed to enjoy them, Will was exhausted but kept repeating "boom, boom!"
And no firecracker baby...we are still waiting for her to decide it's time to show up! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment