Our precious Lauren Mary Korbmacher has arrived! We can not be more in love with this girl and her brothers were so excited to meet her today. Her birth story is one for the record books but we all survived and are resting peacefully in the hospital before heading home to the craziness tomorrow.
I was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday morning at 6 AM since this stubborn girl had decided she was more comfy in my belly than out, so my mom made her way into Geneva last night around 7:30. I headed to bed at 9:30, expecting one more night of good sleep but woke at 12:10 to a contraction.
Not thinking much of it, I rolled over, realized I had to pee and went to the bathroom. After seeing a little blood it crossed my mind that maybe she wasn't going to wait until morning but still thought we had LOTS of time. 12:20 rolled around and another contraction came. I headed downstairs, where Luke was relaxing because he couldn't sleep, and told him I think the baby is coming tonight. He headed upstairs, changed clothes, grabbed my bag and was back in probably 5 minutes. Within those 5 minutes I went from thinking we had LOTS of time (and waking up my mom to tell her we were headed to the hospital) to OMG we need to get to the hospital.
Thank God my mom was already there and Thank God the hospital is literally 2 minutes away because I think I screamed all the way there. They wheeled me in (again, continually asking for drugs) but I knew it was go time. When they checked me I was 10 cm and my doctor didn't even make it to the birth. The doctor working in the hospital that night assisted and miss Lauren was born at 12:44. (34 minutes after I woke up with my first contraction)
She was huge (compared to the boys) coming in at 9 pounds, 2 oz which maybe explains why it was seriously the most painful 34 minutes of my life. I seriously give props to those mamas who do natural child births that last hours upon hours because I was begging and screaming for drugs of some kind :)
She was 20.5 inches long and just beautiful!
My mom brought the boys over this morning to meet their sister and they were in heaven! They were seriously arguing about who could hold her. :)
baby...baby
my mom with her 4th Granddaughter!
Dylan is over the moon happy and wants to do EVERYTHING by myself! He is also insisting upon feeding her a bottle so I'm going to have to pump something soon so he's a happy boy!
LOVE!!
my dad drove in this morning to see Lauren as well
my kiddos!
and we are a family of 5! (wow, craziness!!)
And lastly, a few pictures of my baby girl on day 1.
she definitely has the most and darkest hair any of the kids
I think she looks like Dylan but I also thought the boys looked alike at birth and today they are total opposites so it will be interesting to see who she ends up looking like.















Congrats Emily! She is beautiful I think she looks like your Dad and Addie :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a Dolan. Congratulations to you all!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again!! I'm so excited to meet little Miss Lauren on Friday. : )
ReplyDeleteI want to squish those cheeks! I agree with Maggie, I was thinking she kind of looked like Dad and kind of like my kids too? weird b/c everyone says they look like Ben:)
ReplyDeletebeautiful addition to your family! congratulations - and I love the name!
ReplyDeletecongratulations & I love the birth story!! Maggie told me all about it so I had to read it for myself ;) congrats & good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is absolutely gorgeous as are you post-labor, amazing! Does Dylan call her Lo? :)
ReplyDeleteLauren